Sunday, December 24, 2017

🏳️‍🌈✝️ Your Love Song


Written By Leanne Janzen
 
12/24/2017
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________ 
 
 
 
“And Mary said: ‘My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed....’” Luke 1:46-48 
 
There’s something about a love song that makes even the hardest heart turn a little mushy. Maybe you’ve written one yourself or, better yet, have had one written about you. Poetry put to music has a way of transcending logic or practicality. Feeling takes over and those heartstrings get pulled tight. It’s an incredible expression of love.
 
I imagine Mary must have had a lot on her mind during her pregnancy with Jesus. What will people think about me? About my baby? Will Joseph love this child as his own? I don’t know how to be a mother, let alone how to be the mother of the Messiah. Why me, God? Why did you choose me?
 
Mary could have allowed fear to take over, to be consumed by anxiety and worry. Instead, she writes one of the most beautiful love songs that has ever been written. She chooses to profess her adoration and praise to God. She has experienced His incredible love, and is humbled by His mercy and compassion.
 
Christmas has a way of bringing to the surface family tensions, financial strain, loneliness, and stress. And it’s easy to get overwhelmed. Yet God is with you through it all. He knows your burdens, and He is worthy of your trust and love.
 
What if, instead of being consumed by fear and worry, you took a page out of Mary’s song book and praised Him for His work in your life, for His love and mercy and compassion?
 
Dear God, thank you so much for bringing your son Jesus to earth. Thank you for how you use people like Mary, people like me, to show your love to the world. Help me to be like Mary and choose to praise you, despite how stressed or overwhelmed I may be. I love you, Father. Amen.
 
Go Deeper — Write your own lyrics of a love song to God. Think of how He has shown His love for you in your past and present, and then express your adoration!
 
More from The Life, here

No comments:

Post a Comment