Saturday, December 16, 2017

🏳️‍🌈✝️WHEN AN ANGEL ANNOUNCED MY BIRTH




12/17/2017


________________________________________________________________________________ 


WHEN AN ANGEL ANNOUNCED MY BIRTH to shepherds living out in the fields near Bethlehem, he told them: Do not be afraid, I bring you good news of great Joy. The instruction to not be afraid is repeated in the Bible more than any other command. It is a tender, merciful directive--and it is for you! I know how prone to fear you are, and I do not condemn you for it. However, I do want to help you break free from this tendency.
Joy is a powerful antidote to fear! And the greater the Joy, the more effective an antidote it is. The angel's announcement to the shepherds was one of great Joy. Don't ever lose sight of what amazingly good news the gospel is! You repent of your sins and trust Me as Savior. I forgive all your sins, changing your ultimate destination from hell to heaven. Moreover, I give you Myself--lavishing My Love upon you, promising you My Presence forever. Take time to ponder the angel's glorious proclamation to the shepherds. Rejoice in Me, beloved.
 
And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people." Luke 2:8-10

See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him. 1 John 3:1

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! 
Philippians 4:4 (NKJV)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment