Monday, December 18, 2017

🏳️‍🌈✝️ A Ransom’s Worth

Written By Allan Mitchell
12/17/2017
__________________________________________________________________________________ 
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
 
Have you ever really contemplated God’s love? For many believers, this question seems either odd or too familiar, prompting many to exclaim , “Of course I have. All the time.”

But try contemplating the question from a less familiar perspective, such as the one before you began to have an intimate relationship with the Lord.

Many times, in my youthful years of foolishness and aimless spiritual wandering, the Lord affectionately courted me with numerous invitations for lasting relationship. Despite my repetitive rebellious rejection, He relentlessly, and without coercion, graciously and compassionately courted my affection. His unfathomable, unyielding, and undeserved love captivated my ransomed heart.

Talking with Nicodemus in John 3, Jesus articulates God’s heart. His immeasurable redemptive love for us is the reason He willingly relinquished heaven’s throne room to cloth himself in fragile human flesh – ransoming His life to give us life – reconciling and restoring the relationship with His beloved creation. 1 John 4:10 reiterates Jesus’ words: “This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.”


Before the foundation of the world, God initiated a celestial courtship with His creation.
He so loves the world – whispering each soul by name, He relentlessly pursues His prize – the reward of His sacrifice and suffering. Even after we embrace His relationship invitation – if we stagnate, stumble, or slide, His unyielding love sustains us because we are His own. This Christmas, remember God loves you with an unimaginable worth – a ransom’s worth.


Dear Heavenly Father, thank you that you pursued me and love me immeasurably that you became human to become my sin’s ransom to redeem and restore my relationship with you. May your unyielding love continue to sustain me. Help me to remember that in your eyes, I am of unimaginable worth ― a ransom’s worth. Amen.


Go Deeper — This Advent season, (the four weeks leading up to Christmas Day) share the message of God’s love with those within your sphere of influence. Ask Him to help you share your own redemptive story with family, friends, and those He brings along your path.

No comments:

Post a Comment