Thursday, December 14, 2017

🏳️‍🌈✝️ A Joyful Noise

 
Written By Julie Cosgrove
 
12/14/2017
 
 _______________________________________________________________________________
 
 
“Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the lands! Serve the Lord with gladness!” Psalm 100:1 (RSV)
If I could be granted one wish, it would be to have an angelic singing voice. I love to sing. Singing worship songs and hymns lift my soul like nothing else. Unfortunately, I cannot carry a tune, even with a bucket.
 
I always joked that I was doing what Scripture states — making a joyful noise. Another widow, who often sits with me in church, told me, “What you lack in pitch you make up for in fervor.” I wasn’t entirely sure that was a compliment.
 
I have begun to accept that I am who I am. God didn’t create me with perfectly vibrating vocal chords. That doesn’t mean I cannot be joyful in using what I have. When I sing, I sing for God, not the people around me. Who knows? Perhaps my God-given purpose is to get others to sing louder so they will drown me out!
 
Envy takes up too much energy and space. When we spend too much time wishing we had someone else’s talent, we never truly allow time to develop the ones God has given us. What’s the joy in that?
 
Whatever your talent, make it a joyful noise. Serve the Lord with gladness and thank Him for giving it to you. You were born at this time for a purpose, and God will equip you to fulfill it. When you discover your talent and begin to use it, joy will fill your heart and there won’t be any room for envy.
 
Heavenly Father, forgive me for wanting what I don’t have and not appreciating what you have given me to sue for your glory. Help me to squelch envy so I can experience the joy of serving you in the way you designed me to serve. In Jesus’ name, amen.
 
Go Deeper — When you feel a touch of envy bubbling up, take it to God. Ask Him to replace with joy by showing you how you can be useful, doing what He has created you to do. Then do it, with fervor!
 
More from The Life, here

No comments:

Post a Comment