Thursday, December 21, 2017

🏳️‍🌈✝️ I BECAME POOR so that you might become rich



12/21/2017


___________________________________________________________________________________ 


I BECAME POOR so that you might become rich. My incarnation--the essence of Christmas--was a gift of infinitely great value. However, it impoverished Me immeasurably! I gave up the majestic splendors of heaven to become a helpless baby. My parents were poor, young, and far away from home when I was born in a stable in Bethlehem.
I performed many miracles during My lifetime, but they were for the benefit of others, not Myself. After fasting forty days and nights in the wilderness, I was tempted by the devil to turn stones into bread. But I refused to do this miracle, even though I was so hungry. I lived as a homeless man for years.
Because I was willing to experience a life of poverty, you are incredibly rich! My life, death and resurrection opened the way for My followers to become children of God and heirs of glorious, eternal riches. My abiding Presence is also a precious gift. Celebrate all these amazing gifts with gratitude and overflowing Joy!
For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sake He became poor, so that you through His poverty might become rich. 2 Corinthians 8:9
Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.  And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was hungry.  Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, "If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread." But He answered and said, "It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’" Matthew 4:1-4 (NKJV)
Yet to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God. John 1:12 
And the angel said to them, "Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people." Luke 2:10 (ESV)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment