Monday, April 30, 2018

🏳️‍🌈✝️ What a Difference!



04/30/2018


__________________________________________________________________________________ 


Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. – 2 Corinthians 5:17

The other day, I answered a phone call meant for my sister who was out of town. I hardly recognized the voice on the other end. It was my uncle calling to thank her for an article she had written about his late wife. The article was a tribute to the stand his wife had taken for the Lord during her life, despite my uncle’s stubborn refusal to follow Christ. 

Not long after his wife’s passing, he gave his heart and life to the Lord, and I marveled at the change in him and the things we talked about. Even in a long-distance phone conversation, it was obvious. He told me he just could not believe all the things he had allowed himself to miss out on during those many years. 

Every summer he would take his wife to our yearly camp meeting in Portland, but he would never go inside the church. He drove three hundred miles, but never attended a service! He told me that one of his new goals is to make at least one camp meeting. What a difference: new conversation, new hope, new joy, and a new expectation of what is ahead in his new life with Jesus.

As long as I have known this uncle, I never heard joy from him, but joy was very evident over the phone that day. While we spoke, I thought, This man lost his companion of nearly fifty years only a few months ago, but he has found a new life with Jesus. Because of Jesus, he can go on, and even be happy! When I hung up the phone, I thought of how thrilled my aunt would be to talk to him now. I was thrilled! I wanted to tell somebody about the “new” uncle I have, and since my sister was out of town, I decided to tell you.

God makes such a change in our lives that not only do we know about it, but so does everyone else. Thank God for the difference He makes in a life that is consecrated to Him!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment