Saturday, April 28, 2018

🏳️‍🌈✝️ God’s Checklist - It is so much more important than any Checklist we could put together. Are you paying attention to God's Checklist?



04/28/2018


_________________________________________________________________________________ 


Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. – Luke 12:40

As I prepared to go on vacation, I tried to make sure I was packing everything my family would need. The checklist I had prepared weeks in advance made the process of packing very efficient. I did not have to stand around trying to think of what might be missing; I just went through the list and made sure each item was in its place. 

While I was setting different items into our suitcases, I felt God ask me, “Are you also packing humility, forgiveness, and love?” I wondered what He was trying to tell me. He began to explain that He had a checklist, too, except His list was different from mine. As we communed together, God made it clear that He wanted me to measure myself up to His checklist: Did you forgive one who has hurt you today? Do you love those who hate you and pray for those who persecute you? Is the fruit of the Spirit manifested in your life?
While I thought on those questions, I began to thank God for admonishing me to review His checklist daily. As Christians, we are making preparations to go on a trip. This is the most important trip we will ever make, and we cannot afford to leave anything undone that God requires of us. God’s checklist is written plainly in His Word, and the Holy Spirit will help us by reminding us of anything we might be overlooking. He talks to our hearts—just as He spoke to me while I was packing—gently prompting us to make the necessary spiritual preparations.

To be ready for the journey that God has prepared for us, we need to study His checklist and listen for the Holy Spirit’s reminders about things that might be missing. Then, we must put our faith into action and start crossing things off the list. We want to be ready when God calls us to our eternal destination in Heaven, so let’s be encouraged and faithful to follow God’s checklist.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment