Sunday, April 29, 2018

🏳️‍🌈✝️ Only You, Lord - Can take the Distress in my life and turn it into JOY...



04/29/2018


__________________________________________________________________________________ 


In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me. – Psalm 86:7

Every Saturday morning, I tune in to a local talk-radio station and pick up advice from “The Garden Doctor” and “Mr. Fix-it.” I try to put all the helpful advice I hear to good use. When my children were very young, I would ask other mothers for advice on potty training or discipline. As my children grew older, I was thankful for a friend who would lend an ear whenever I was worried about my children’s choice of friends or their grades at school. There was always someone to whom I could turn for advice or consolation. I felt sure that if I asked the right question or talked to the right person, everything would be fine. I would find a solution.

Then one day my father called to tell me that my mother had been diagnosed with cancer, a type that is incurable. The only thing that could be done was a treatment to slow the cancer down. As soon as I hung up the phone, I fell apart. My heart was screaming over the unfairness! I needed help. My mom needed help. Who could I call on? 

My mind raced through the list of friends, but I realized that there was no advice that would make this situation better. Then, from the depths of my soul, I cried out to God, “Only You, Lord, can help. Only You understand.” I will never forget the wave of peace and the assurance of God’s love that came over me just then. All I needed was Him. 

Everyone will, at some time in life, face situations that seem hopeless and for which any human remedy is beyond reach, but God is more than just a friend who will listen and offer some advice. He is a Friend who will take the burden off our shoulders and give us peace and comfort in exchange.

Whether today is smooth sailing or a rough and stormy ride, we must be sure we spend time with our best Friend, Jesus. He will stick by us no matter what comes along.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment