Monday, January 15, 2018

🏳️‍🌈✝️ Say Nothing



 01/15/2018


___________________________________________________________________________________________  



The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace. – Exodus 14:14

After graduating from college, I took a position as a teacher’s assistant in a local school. The position became available after the previous assistant resigned. I found myself working with a teacher who accused me of many things and, in general, made my job unpleasant. 

I began working in the classroom in November, and in April, the teacher planned a spring party in the classroom. Parents were invited to attend and bring refreshments for the class. After the party, while the teacher and I were cleaning up, she accused me of being rude to a specific parent. I went home that day feeling very discouraged. I thought about what had happened, and I decided to go into the principal’s office the next morning and report what had happened. I prayed that night and asked the Lord for the right words to say. 

The next morning, as I was walking out the door of my home, I reached into the “Daily Bread” box I kept near the door, pulled out a Scripture card, and rushed to my car. Before driving away, I looked to see what Scripture I had selected: “The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.” When I had asked God to give me the right words to say, I never dreamed that His answer would be for me to say nothing! I prayed, “Okay, Lord, I won’t say anything, but You have to help me.” 

Two weeks later, the teacher was called into the principal’s office and told to resign or else be fired. Later, while talking to a fellow teacher about the situation, I learned that going to the principal would have been the worst thing I could have done. The previous assistant had been in his office every day complaining about the same teacher, with the result that he had lost all respect for the assistant. Because God fought my battle for me, I was able to complete that school year and one more year as well. At the end of the second year, I received a wonderful letter of recommendation, which I might not have received had I complained. 

Are you facing a situation that you do not know how to handle? Ask God to show you what to do. He may tell you to “hold your peace,” so He can work it out His way, in His time.

No comments:

Post a Comment