Saturday, January 20, 2018

🏳️‍🌈✝️ He Is Always There



01/20/2018


____________________________________________________________________________________ 



For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. – Psalm 91:11

One of the greatest pleasures of my life is being a grandfather. When my first grandson was born we became quite good buddies, and the two of us would go out to breakfast now and then. When his cousin was old enough, he joined our party and the three of us were together for these occasions. 

After one of our pleasant breakfast outings, we went to a local department store to check out the toys. When we finally returned to the car, I instructed the younger one to stand by the door and wait while I placed the older boy in his booster seat. As I was strapping him into the seat, I accidentally bumped the horn. Moving out of the car to get the other child, I bumped the horn again, which was upsetting to me because it was so unnecessary.

It was then that I noticed the car next to me. There were two people inside and the motor was running. They were waiting to see why I kept honking the horn. I signaled for them to wait as I looked for my younger grandson. I found him directly behind the other car; he was trying to read the license plate! Had the driver of the other car not heard the horn and waited, I am sure the younger boy would have been seriously injured or even killed. As I pulled him away, I thanked the ladies for patiently waiting, and I thanked God for allowing me to honk the horn twice, even though it was not intentional! 

I am sure that God’s angels were on the scene that day—they were there to keep us in all our ways, and it was no accident that I honked the horn. We probably do not have any idea how often God and His angels are standing by to assist us, but I am convinced this was one such instance. Let’s not lose an opportunity to thank Him for always being there.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment