Friday, June 15, 2018

🏳️‍🌈✝️ Who’s Got Your Number?



06/15/2018


____________________________________________________________________________________ 


Sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear. – 1 Peter 3:15

The other morning, my telephone rang at 5:00. Waking out of a sound sleep, I picked up the phone and heard a cheery voice say, “Hello! How are you?” I looked at the clock and thought, Who is this? Who would be calling me so early? When I could not think of anyone, I asked the caller who she was. She gave me her name and said that she had “just punched numbers in” and called my number randomly. After looking at the caller ID, I realized that she was calling from Seattle, Washington. 

Still trying to wake up, I struggled to get my mind and mouth to work together. Finally, I asked her, “Are you a Christian?” She said that no, she was not. I asked her, “Why not?” to which she explained that she did not want someone else controlling her life. It was then that I saw a door of opportunity open for me to share the Gospel and God’s plan of salvation. 

I started by telling her that I had news for her: she was not in control of her life. I shared that she was created to serve God, that He had a special plan just for her, and that she would never be happy until she followed that plan. I talked to her for about ten minutes and then she said that she had to go. I thanked her for calling and we hung up. 

To this day, I do not know what the conversation did for the young woman on the other end of the line, but the call was another example to me of God’s love and grace. He knew what time it was at my home, but He helped me to “be ready,” even then, to give an answer for Him. 

God knows exactly where each of us is, and He knows our needs—He cares. He has our numbers.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment