Sunday, June 24, 2018

🏳️‍🌈✝️πŸ”» Blessings from Trials



06/24/2018


__________________________________________________________________________________ 


And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. – Romans 8:28

When I moved to Portland,Oregon, many years ago, I endured a very distressing trial. I was young, saved, and had received my other Christian experiences, but during that time I learned that being a Christian does not exclude us from hard circumstances. Since I had no way of relieving this particular trial, it really wore on me. I actually became physically ill from the stress that it caused me. After I had endured a couple of years of it, I finally decided to leave Portland and move to another city where we had a church. At the time it was happening I couldn’t imagine how “good” could come from a miserable situation like that.

That was more than forty years ago, and now as I look back on the experience, I can see how God brought good out of a very bad situation. If I had not moved away from Portland, I would not have met the husband that the Lord had chosen for me, and would have missed out on many wonderful years of happiness with him. God brought us together and gave us a beautiful life.

In times of hardship, we obviously cannot see the road ahead, and therefore might feel abandoned by God. However, let’s remember that He sees the end from the beginning, and knows how to make each difficult circumstance yield a profit, either visibly or in the strength of our character. I am thankful that I loved God, and still do, so “good” could come from the trial that at the time seemed so hard. 

Thank You dear Lord for Your faithfulness, and for seeing us through the hard times and turning the trials into blessings.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment