Friday, June 1, 2018

🏳️‍🌈✝️ A Heavy Load



06/01/2018


____________________________________________________________________________________ 


Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. – Psalm 55:22
Our little pickup truck was packed almost to capacity as we were moving our daughter’s belongings to her new apartment. On the truck were a bed frame, mattress, bookcase, nightstand, books, and various other things necessary for setting up a house. Inside the cab were four people and some luggage. This was a heavy load!

It was a relief when we reached our destination and the load was lifted from the truck and carried into our daughter’s apartment. The truck not only ran better, but there was more room for our granddaughter to stretch out her feet. We all felt more comfortable. 

I remember one time in my life when I seemed to be bogged down with the cares of life. A number of issues were troubling me, and looking back, I realize that my heart was in a similar condition as our pickup truck on moving day. Each item, though not terribly upsetting by itself, was weighing me down. As I knelt in prayer the Lord showed me that He wanted to take care of my problems for me, that He was big enough to carry my load. I had been taking my cares to the Lord, but that morning I left them with Him, and I felt the load lift. How much better I felt when that burden was finally gone!

Several times in the Bible we are admonished to take our burdens to God. In 1 Peter 5:6-7 we read, “Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.” God wants us to cast all our care on Him! Our natural tendency is often to try to figure out a solution on our own, but in doing so we usually end up fretting and worrying. When we leave our worries with the Lord—telling Him about them in prayer, submitting to His will for our lives, and then trusting Him to take care of every detail of our lives—He lifts our heavy load and gives us true joy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment