Sunday, May 27, 2018

🏳️‍🌈✝️ Protect your mind from wandering away from God



05/27/2018


__________________________________________________________________________________ 


ASSURANCE!  BRING YOUR ATTENTION GENTLY BACK TO ME whenever it starts to wander.  Find relief in the truth that I look for persistence - rather than perfection - in your walk with Me.  Are you amazed at how quickly and how far your mind can wander from Me?  When you recognize this has happened, don't be shattered by disappointment or distracted by discouragement.  Instead, simply return your attention to Me and to the truth that I accept you in all your imperfection.

Not only do I accept you as you are, I love you as you are.  I died a criminal's death so I could adorn you with My own perfection.  That's why bringing your thoughts to Me is so important:  It is My perfect righteousness that saves you, and it will never be taken away from you!

You can easily fall prey to self-rejection if you have unrealistic expectations for yourself.  When you fail, I want you to bring your focus back to Me gently, without judging yourself.  Instead of doing further harm by putting yourself down, persist in setting your sights on Me.  I always welcome you back with unfailing Love.
 
"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed.  Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."  Luke 10:41-42
 
"How priceless is your unfailing love!  Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings."   Psalm 36:7 

No comments:

Post a Comment