Wednesday, May 9, 2018

🏳️‍🌈✝️ God meets my every need



05/09/2018


_________________________________________________________________________________ 


But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:19

While I was doing errands one afternoon, somewhere between the store and the bank I dropped my checkbook, which contained the check I was planning to deposit. It was difficult not to panic, but I tried to think logically and retrace my steps of that day. Backtracking where I had gone, my checkbook was nowhere to be found. I went home that evening very concerned about what I was going to do. How would I pay my bills on time? How would I make up for the money I had lost?

The next day I went to get my mail, and to my surprise, there was an anonymous note for me in my mailbox. The note had only the following words written on it: Philippians 4:19. Enclosed with the note was fifteen dollars. I quickly ran into the house to get my Bible so I could read the Scripture. I wondered, How did the person who sent this know I would need that verse at this moment? Right away, I felt an assurance from God that He was in control. Within fifteen minutes of opening the note, the phone rang and someone on the other end told me he had found my checkbook in the store parking lot, and that my deposit was still there!

Finding my money was not a coincidence; God intervened in order to meet my need. He even went out of His way to show me that this miracle was from Him. God was in control the whole time, and there was never anything to fear. To this day I have kept that anonymous note in my Bible to remind me that no matter how circumstances may appear, God will always provide for my every need.

Do you have a need today? Do you believe that God can provide for your needs? His Word assures us that “the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him” (2 Chronicles 16:9). God wants to show Himself strong on our behalf today. Will we trust Him to meet our need?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment