Sunday, February 11, 2018

🏳️‍🌈✝️ When We Give



02/11/2018


__________________________________________________________________________________ 


Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. – Luke 6:38

Standing in the checkout line at my neighborhood grocery store, I could not help but notice the lady in front of me. She was emptying her purse as if she were looking for her wallet. At that moment, I felt led to give this lady the difference she lacked for her bill. Yet I thought, If I give her my little bit of money, I might not have enough to purchase my goods. If I were in her position, I would probably just put some items back. 

As I left the store, I felt terribly convicted and apologized to the Lord. After all, anything that I had was given to me by God and did not really belong to me anyway. I asked the Lord to grant me another opportunity to help someone financially who needed it. 

The Lord gave me my desire, only this time He required me to give more money than was needed back in the grocery store. Thank God, this time I paid attention to the Spirit’s leading. Sometime later, a financial need came up in my own life, and God provided the money for me. In fact, God provided more than enough!

God promised to supply all of our need and He does just that. We can never lose when we give, especially when we do it cheerfully. We will feel good to have helped someone in need, and we will be blessed for our obedience to God. As we keep our hearts in tune with Him, the Holy Spirit will let us know when to share with others.

Let’s not hold back anything we have from God. Give, and with the same measure that you give, it shall be measured to you again.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment