Saturday, February 10, 2018

🏳️‍🌈✝️ Waiting On God



02/10/2018


__________________________________________________________________________________ 



Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say on the Lord. – Psalm 27:14

It is not always easy to wait. The other day, I was scheduled to attend a 6:00 p.m. lecture at school and I estimated that thirty minutes would be enough time for me to make the commute to school. As I was driving on the highway, however, I encountered a build up of traffic halfway there. Time was definitely running out for me, and I decided I needed to find a way out of my dilemma.

In an attempt to gain time, I started changing from one lane to another. Eventually, I was hit by another vehicle. I had to pull over to the side of the highway to exchange insurance information with the motorist who hit me, and by the time we finished and I finally arrived at school, the lecture was over and I had missed my class. I learned a good lesson that day: I should have exercised patience rather than endanger others and myself by weaving in and out of traffic. 

In our spiritual lives, we may tend to be in a hurry when God wants us to slow down. When we ask God for anything, He gives us one of three answers: yes, no, or wait. We may find it easy to deal with the first two responses, but the third is sometimes more difficult.

Many accounts are given in the Bible of those who waited for God’s timing. Abraham, the father of faith, waited twenty-five years to receive the promised heir, Isaac. The Children of Israel waited in Egypt for four hundred years before they were released from Egyptian bondage. David, a man after God's own heart, waited for ten years after he was anointed king before he was crowned. God knew that there was more than just one man or even one nation involved in these situations, and His timing was perfect. At the end of each of these waiting periods, there was a mighty blessing for those who waited on God. 

Let us learn from these heroes of faith. Are we currently waiting on God for a promise to be fulfilled? If we wait patiently on Him, He will strengthen our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment