Friday, February 9, 2018

🏳️‍🌈✝️ Light in the Darkness


Written By Rand Kreycik 
 
02/09/2018 
 
 
__________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God…. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.” John 1:1, 4-5
A grave is the darkest place I can imagine. Six feet deep, under a mound of earth, not even a hint of light - or life.
 
How astounding it is to me that the Word of Life came down into our darkness to surrender to that darkness through His death, to be placed into a grave. But He didn’t stay there. He conquered death so that we who knew nothing but death and darkness could know love and light.
 
I love the song by David Crowder called Forgiven. These lines from the song grab me by the heart every time I hear them, especially when he sings about being a dead man walking until he realizes God's people are not doomed to a dark grave forever. When he asks if it is believable, my heart responds yes.
 
Yes, I could – and should – have been lost forever. The Bible makes it clear that I earned death when I’d chosen darkness (sin) over the light of Christ (Romans 6:23). But because His light and life have overcome death, the amazing truth of the second half of this verse brought me out of darkness: "...but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
 
Do you feel, as I once did, the weight of sin today? Does it seem like your darkness will never be broken? Jesus Christ came to bring light into that darkness. Receive the free gift of eternal life today and walk forth in his light, one that will never be overcome!
 
Lord Jesus, you came to experience darkness and death for me! And then you destroyed them both so that my sins could be forgiven and I could live forever with you. Who could believe you would love this broken sinful man that much? Thank you for your amazing love. Amen.
 
Go Deeper — sit in a very dark room or closet. Now shine a very small light and watch how it begins to make the place brighter and brighter. Ask God to do the same thing in your life.
 
More from The Life, here

No comments:

Post a Comment