Monday, March 26, 2018

🏳️‍🌈✝️ GOD is TAKING DOWN the MEGA CHURCH LEADERS who are NOT PLEASING HIM!!!

Growing up in an Evangelical Church I knew of many incidence like this that the church silences and covers up. As much as the MEGA CHURCH EVANGELICALS preach against others they deem UNWORTHY to be saved {LGBTQI+}, you would think they would have good sense NOT to mess around with the young people in their church. I believe that term is PEDOPHILE. These mega church pastors are QUICK to call the LGBTQI+ Community a bunch of EVIL PEDOPHILES while the can not seem to keep it in their pants whether it is with a GIRL or BOY. If you were to count up all the PEDOPHILES in the PRISON SYSTEM you would see that almost ALL of THEM ARE STRAIGHT WHITE CHRISTIAN MEN!!!

EVANGELICALS need to wake up - GOD IS CLEANING HOUSE and HE IS STARTING WITH ALL YOU "FAMOUS" EVANGELICAL MEGA CHURCH PREACHERS who don't even preach HIS WORD most of the time. GOD IS TIRED of ALL THIS APOSTASY in HIS HOUSE!!! 

IT IS TIME for ALL MANKIND whether you are STRAIGHT, LGBTQI+, whatever religion you are, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER and START GIVING GOD the RESPECT HE DEMANDS or GET OUT of the CHURCH and live your lies that are leading the MASSES STRAIGHT to HELL. GOD is TIRED of the SUNDAY and WEDNESDAY CHRISTIANS, HE EXPECTS EVERYDAY of the WEEK CHRISTIANS out doing HIS WILL!!!

The TIME is NOW to REPENT and get your life right with the ALMIGHTY GOD!!!

I pray that GOD will put a burning desire in all who read this to work on cleansing yourself so you can be called A GOOD and FAITHFUL SERVANT of the ALMIGHTY GOD...

Blessings and Peace reign in your hearts,


  I was Assaulted - He was Applauded




 

Jules Woodson reacts to the apology issued by Andy Savage, a pastor at the Highpoint Church in Tennessee, who admits to a "sexual incident" when she was 17 years old.
By JULES WOODSON on Publish Date March 9, 2018.
Jules Woodson says she was 17 when her youth pastor, Andy Savage, sexually assaulted her. In late 2017, almost two decades later, Ms. Woodson, inspired by the #MeToo movement, emailed Mr. Savage asking whether he remembered what has haunted her for decades. When he didn’t reply, she told her story to a blog for victims of church abuse. Days later, Mr. Savage addressed his congregation at the Highpoint Church in Memphis, where he is a pastor, and the church streamed the service online as usual.

At the service, Mr. Savage apologized to the mega-congregation for what he calls a “sexual incident” when he was a 22-year-old youth pastor at his former church in Texas. He received a standing ovation from the congregation. Many online viewers of the video remarked on the applause.

The church pulled the video offline, but not before The Times saved a copy. We then viewed it with Ms. Woodson, whose reactions and commentary we taped for the Op-Ed video above. She recoils at Highpoint’s head pastor’s carefully orchestrated introduction of Mr. Savage and at Mr. Savage’s use of Christian tenets like sin and redemption to characterize his behavior and to try to absolve himself.

Mr. Savage never talks about the details of the event. Instead, Ms. Woodson points out, he refers to it only as a “sexual incident,” without a victim or a perpetrator.

The pastor to whom Ms. Woodson had reported her sexual assault resigned from his ministry in February, seeking her forgiveness for failing to protect her. Texas has a clergy law for sexual assault cases, but in a statement, the local police said that the case is beyond the statute of limitations.

Highpoint Church concluded an investigation of Mr. Savage this week. Its results are not yet public.

Update, March 20: Andy Savage announced his resignation, writing: “I agree with Jules that, of all places, we as the Church should be getting this right.”

Follow The New York Times Opinion section on Facebook and Twitter (@NYTopinion), and sign up for the Opinion Today newsletter.

More from the New York Times, here

______________________________________________________________ 
 

Megachurch Pastor Andy Savage Resigns Following Sexual Misconduct Allegations

 

 
  Jessilyn Justice

______________________________________________________________________________



Andy Savage resigned from HighPoint Church in Memphis following an investigation into a "sexual incident" that occurred several years ago.

"While the investigation found no other instances of abuse in Andy's ministry, the leadership team at Highpoint Church agrees that Andy's resignation is appropriate, given the reasons stated in his resignation statement. Highpoint leadership has come to recognize that it was defensive rather than empathetic in its initial reaction to Ms. Jules Woodson's communication concerning the abuse she experienced, and humbly commits to develop a deeper understanding of an appropriate, more compassionate response to victims of abuse," the church said in a statement.

The church placed Savage on leave while a third party investigated if any further abuse occurred in Savage's tenure.

The incident reportedly occurred years ago when Savage allegedly forced a woman in his youth group to perform a sexual act for him.

"Throughout the last two and a half months, I've had the opportunity to spend much time in prayer and God's Word, as well as to reflect on the thoughts shared by so many who responded to the post by Jules Woodson and to my statement on January 7th. Your passionate opinions on this important matter have truly helped me to gain perspective that I simply could not have achieved on my own. I have come to understand Jules' vantage point better, and to appreciate the courage it took for her to speak up," Savage said in a statement.
The statement continues:
When Jules cried out for justice, I carelessly turned the topic to my own story of moral change, as if getting my own life in order should help to make up for what she went through and continues to go through. Morality is meant to guard against injustices, not to minimize them, to compensate for them, or to obscure them. I agree with Jules that, of all places, we as the church should be getting this right.
As I've reflected during my leave of absence, I have come to see that many wrongs occurred in 1998. The first was my inappropriate relationship with Jules, which was not only immoral, but meets the definition of abuse of power since I was her youth pastor; therefore, when our relationship became physical, there could be no claim of mutual consent. Another wrong was the failure to follow due process afterward; Jules deserved, and did not get, a full investigation and proper response 20 years ago.

Admittedly, at 22 and in my first job, I truly believed that I was being guided through proper steps for restitution, which included resigning my position and moving from Houston to Memphis. Those steps seemed significant at the time, and I trusted in the process assigned to me. Only through my recent time of reflection have I realized that more should have been done.
Of course, this does little to relieve the suffering Jules experienced because of my mistakes and the neglect of due process that followed. I sincerely want to get this right. I want the church to get this right. I want Jules, finally, to see it gotten right.
That is why, after much prayer and counsel, I now believe it's appropriate for me to resign from my staff position at Highpoint Church and step away from ministry in order to do everything I can to right the wrongs of the past. Apologies are important, but more is required. I know that stepping down once, or even a second time, still doesn't make things right for Jules. But addressing my own acts of abuse this way acknowledges the importance of confronting abuse in our culture and in the church at large. In addition, I will continue striving to grow through this experience going forward as I seek God's will.

To my Highpoint family, I am grateful for all the ways you've loved me, my wife and our boys. I would never have been able to come to this place of understanding and conviction without your love and loyal support throughout this process. I will always treasure the opportunities we've had to serve the Lord together.
Savage's official resignation comes after months of church women coming forward to discuss their own abused pasts as part of the #MeToo and #ChurchToo movements.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment