Monday, March 12, 2018

🏳️‍🌈✝️ Get Hungry and Be Filled!!! NEVER be so content with life that you forget to be hungry and thirsty for the things of GOD!!!



 
03/12/2018 


____________________________________________________________________________________

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. – Matthew 5:6

 I am not a very good cook, and because of the irregular schedule of my self-employment, I “eat to live” rather than “live to eat.” My meal times are seldom regular, so by the time I finally sit down to eat, I usually have a voracious hunger. With little time or skill to prepare fancy dishes, I eat in a hurry and am just glad for the nourishment and energy the meal provides. 

The upside of this somewhat objectionable state is how much I appreciate whatever food is available at the time of my hunger! Dishes or leftovers I previously spurned as unappetizing when I was not so ravenously hungry suddenly become a scrumptious and mouth-watering meal. I may even throw in complimentary adjectives as I say grace before the meal, such as: “Thank You, Lord, for this delicious food.” Every meal is truly tasty and satisfying to my empty stomach when I am that hungry.

How many of us ever really get this hungry for God? It is true that unless we actively hunger, long for, and feel a dire need for God and His spiritual riches, He will not fill us. I know from personal experience about being hungry and desperate for the Lord. At times, my spiritual hunger was prompted by emptiness, and at other times by anxiety or perhaps perplexity. When I am hungry, I may abandon my regular pursuits and routines in order to wait on God until I am filled with His holy presence and His precious Word. 

Being hungry for God is within the grasp of our own will and intention. We start by recognizing our spiritual need. We see our shortcoming, and we want God to help us. The more we want God to help us, the more sensitive we become to His promptings to read His Word and to pray more often and more earnestly. Let’s get hungry for God!

Dear Lord, I do hunger for more of Your love and goodness in my life. Help me to make the time today to come before you in prayer and also to feast on your Word. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment