Friday, February 22, 2019

🏳️‍🌈✝️🔻 Why Pray Anyway?

Humble yourselves [with an attitude of repentance and insignificance] in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you [He will lift you up, He will give you purpose]. James 4:10



02/22/2019



__________________________________________________________________________________
 

More PRAYER = More POWER
Less PRAYER = Less POWER
No PRAYER = No POWER
 


Again I say to you, that if two believers on earth agree [that is, are of one mind, in harmony] about anything that they ask [within the will of God], it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. Matthew 18:19
There are numerous books on the market geared to helping a person know how to pray. These books include how to pray for understanding, blessing, strength, healing, family, direction, praying for unbelievers and so much more. Books on topics are great, however they will NEVER compare to just reading the BOOK with all the answers, The Holy Bible.

All these issues we face in life have the answer and how to pray right in front of most of you. Take it off the shelf dust it off and read it. You will be amazed at how many of your daily struggles can be found inside, with the answer to overcoming them.

Today there seems to be so much DOUBT being cast on God. The current god of this world, Satan has done a great job in getting mankind to believe in [their own abilities], while leaving God out of the equation. Once Satan has accomplished this feat there is no going back for most people. Listen my friend, SATAN is a LIAR, in fact the Word of God says of anyone who chooses NOT to follow God; You are of your father the devil, and it is your will to practice the desires [which are characteristic] of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks what is natural to him, for he is a liar and the father of lies and half-truths.” John 8:44

You hear people from all walks of life saying, “Why Pray Anyway, because God no longer hears and answers prayers?”

I am here to bring the GOOD NEWS to you today from the Word of God that states; “I am the Alpha and the Omega [the Beginning and the End],” says the Lord God, “Who is [existing forever] and who was [continually existing in the past] and who is to come, the Almighty [the Omnipotent, the Ruler of all].” Revelation 1:8

Jesus  made it abundantly clear when speaking with the Samaritan woman, that God can ONLY be worshiped or spoken too in SPIRIT because God is a Spirit NOT a human or idol.

Jesus replied, “Woman, believe Me, a time is coming [when God’s kingdom comes] when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. You [Samaritans] do not know what you worship; we [Jews] do know what we worship, for salvation is from the Jews. But a time is coming and is already here when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit [from the heart, the inner self] and in truth; for the Father seeks such people to be His worshipers. God is spirit [the Source of life, yet invisible to mankind], and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” John 4:21-24

WHY PRAY ANYWAY?

Because GOD still hears our prayers, since HE never changes, therefore it is as it always has been HIS DESIRE to hear and answer your prayers according to HIS WILL. God is still moved by mankind’s humbleness, prayers and repentance from their sins.

This is the [remarkable degree of] confidence which we [as believers are entitled to] have before Him: that if we ask anything according to His will, [that is, consistent with His plan and purpose] He hears us. And if we know [for a fact, as indeed we do] that He hears and listens to us in whatever we ask, we [also] know [with settled and absolute knowledge] that we have [granted to us] the requests which we have asked from Him. 1 John 5:14-15

If I shut up the heavens so that no rain falls, or if I command locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence and plague among My people, and My people, who are called by My Name, humble themselves, and pray and seek (crave, require as a necessity) My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear [them] from heaven, and forgive their sin and heal their land. Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer offered in this place. 2 Chronicles 7:13-15

Today I want to share with you effective prayers right out of the BIBLE that can help you when you do not know exactly what to pray for or how to pray for what is on your heart. Remember, God has heard it ALL before because HE has ALWAYS BEEN. If God answered prayers way back to the beginning of mankind’s existence, HE STILL ANSWERS PRAYERS TODAY!!!

“Rejoice always and delight in your faith; be unceasing and persistent in prayer; in every situation [no matter what the circumstances] be thankful and continually give thanks to God; for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18



Path of righteousness

1.      Psalm 25:4-7 Teach me your ways, O Lord; make them known to me. Teach me to live according to your truth, for you are my God, who saves me. I always trust in you. Remember, O Lord, your kindness and constant love which you have shown from long ago. Forgive the sins and errors of my youth. In your constant love and goodness, remember me, Lord!

2.      Psalm 139:23-24 Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

3.      Psalm 19:13 - Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then I will be blameless, innocent of great transgression.

4.      Psalm 119:34-35 - Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law and obey it with all my heart. Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight.

5.      Psalm 86:11 - Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.

Strength

6.      Psalm 119:28, Ephesians 3:14-16 - For this reason, I bow my knees and pray to the Father. It is from Him that every family in heaven and on earth has its name. I pray that because of the riches of His shining-greatness, He will make you strong with power in your hearts through the Holy Spirit.

7.      Psalm 119:28 - My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.

Help & Protection

8.      Psalm 40:13 - Please, LORD, rescue me! Come quickly, LORD, and help me.

9.      Psalm 55:1-2 - Listen to my prayer, O God, do not ignore my plea; hear me and answer me. My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught.

10.  Psalm 140:1-2 Rescue me, LORD, from evildoers; protect me from the violent, those who plot evil in their hearts and stir up trouble all day long.


 In that day you will not [need to] ask Me about anything. I assure you and most solemnly say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name [as My representative], He will give you. Until now you have not asked [the Father] for anything in My name; but now ask and keep on asking and you will receive, so that your joy may be full and complete. John 16:23-24


 Healing

11.  Jeremiah 17:14 Heal me, LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.

12.  Psalm 6:2 - Have mercy on me, LORD, for I am faint; heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony.

More Scriptures to pray for healing

Pray 7 times over anyone who has a bleeding issue and they will be made whole

"When I passed by you and saw you squirming in your blood, I said to you while you were in your blood, 'Live!' Yes, I said to you while you were in your blood, 'Live!'

Forgiveness

13.  Psalm 51:1-2 - Be merciful to me, O God, because of your constant love. Because of your great mercy wipe away my sins! Wash away all my evil and make me clean from my sin!

Guidance

14.  Psalm 31:3  - Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.

Jesus Christ is [eternally changeless, always] the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8

Not asking for anything, but just giving the Lord thanks and praise

15.  Daniel 2:23 - I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors: You have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what we asked of you, you have made known to us the dream of the king.

16.  Matthew 11:25 - At that time Jesus prayed this prayer: O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, thank you for hiding these things from those who think themselves wise and clever, and for revealing them to the childlike.

17.  Revelation 11:17 - saying: “We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign.”

18.  1 Chronicles 29:13 - Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.

19.  Philemon 1:4 - I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers.


Anxiety and Depression


            20.  Colossians 3:15 - Let the peace of Christ [the inner calm of one who walks daily 
                  with  Him] be the controlling factor in your hearts [deciding and settling questions 
                  that  arise]. To this peace indeed you were called as members in one body [of 
                  believers]. And be thankful [to God always].
 
      21.  Galatians 5:22-23 - But the fruit of the Spirit [the result of His presence within us] 
            is love [unselfish concern for others], joy, [inner] peace, patience [not the ability to 
            wait, but how we act while waiting], kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, 
            self-control. Against such things there is no law.

      22.   1 Peter 5:6-7 - Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God [set 
            aside self-righteous pride], so that He may exalt you [to a place of honor in His 
            service] at the appropriate time, casting all your cares [all your anxieties, all 
            your worries, and all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares about
            you [with deepest affection, and watches over you very carefully].

      23.  Philippians 4:7 - And the peace of God [that peace which reassures the heart, that 
            peace] which transcends all understanding, [that peace which] stands guard over 
            your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus [is yours].

      24. Proverbs 12:25 - Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs it down, But a good
           (encouraging) word makes it glad.


More Scriptures to help with Anxiety and Depression

Notable prayers

Give praise to the Lord your God who created all things and  through the POWER of HIS NAME anything is possible.

25.  Matthew 6:9-13 Pray then like this: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.”

26.  1 Samuel 2:1-2 - Then Hannah prayed and said: “My heart rejoices in the LORD; in the LORD my horn is lifted high. My mouth boasts over my enemies, for I delight in your deliverance. “There is no one holy like the LORD; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God.”

27.  1 Chronicles 4:10 - Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, “Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my border, and that your hand might be with me, and that you would keep me from harm so that it might not bring me pain!” And God granted what he asked.

28.  Judges 16:28 - Then Samson prayed to the LORD, “Sovereign LORD, remember me. Please, God, strengthen me just once more, and let me with one blow get revenge on the Philistines for my two eyes.”

29.  Luke 18:13 - “But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, ‘O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.’

30.  Acts 7:59-60 - They continued stoning Stephen as he called on the Lord and said, “Lord Jesus, receive and accept and welcome my spirit!” Then falling on his knees [in worship], he cried out loudly, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them [do not charge them]!” When he had said this, he fell asleep [in death].


 
WHY PRAY ANYWAY?




Because our Heavenly Father is listening for our prayers because He is eager to answer those prayers of the ones who have chosen to follow Him, putting their faith and trust in Him by turning from their sinful ways.

1 Peter 3:8-12 - Finally, all of you be like-minded [united in spirit], sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted [courteous and compassionate toward each other as members of one household], and humble in spirit; and never return evil for evil or insult for insult [avoid scolding, berating, and any kind of abuse], but on the contrary, give a blessing [pray for one another’s well-being, contentment, and protection]; for you have been called for this very purpose, that you might inherit a blessing [from God that brings well-being, happiness, and protection]. For, “The one who wants to enjoy life and see good days [good—whether apparent or not], Must keep his tongue free from evil and his lips from speaking guile (treachery, deceit).“He must turn away from wickedness and do what is right. He must search for peace [with God, with self, with others] and pursue it eagerly [actively—not merely desiring it]. “For the eyes of the Lord are [looking favorably] upon the righteous (the upright), And His ears are attentive to their prayer (eager to answer), But the face of the Lord is against those who practice evil.”

Matthew 11:28-30 - “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavily burdened [by religious rituals that provide no peace], and I will give you rest [refreshing your souls with salvation]. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me [following Me as My disciple], for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest (renewal, blessed quiet) for your souls. For My yoke is easy [to bear] and My burden is light.”

As you can see my friend not only is prayer an act of faith it is also the POWER of GOD to do that which pleases HIM {to pour out healing and restoration on His Children}. We can stand on the Promise from God in Isaiah 55:11; So will My word be which goes out of My mouth; It will not return to Me void (useless, without result), Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.”

How amazing it is to know that the God who created the heavens and the earth wants to hear from His creation and longs to bring healing to them through the forgiveness of their sins which are covered by the blood of Jesus Christ His son.

Allow the Holy Spirit to flow through your prayers to the ears of God with a pure heart of humbleness and forgiveness through the remission of your sins. God is waiting – Are you going to keep Him waiting or will you chose this day to please your Heavenly Father  by reaching out to Him through PRAYER!?!

I pray that you will be encouraged by these Scriptures and the knowledge that God is waiting to hear from you and that you reveal to God your true intentions through prayer.

Blessing and Peace be with you as you begin a new journey in your life through the POWER of PRAYER.

Forever in Christ Jesus Service,

Rainbow Pastor David


No comments:

Post a Comment