Wednesday, January 16, 2019

🏳️‍🌈✝️πŸ”» The Foolishness of the Cross to the world is Salvation and Power to those who believe

“Narrow Way” by David Hayward @nakedpastor


 

Don’t look for shortcuts to God. The market is flooded with surefire, easygoing formulas for a successful life that can be practiced in your spare time. Don’t fall for that stuff, even though crowds of people do. The way to life—to God!—is vigorous and requires total attention. Matthew 7:13-14
 
 
01/16/2019

 

__________________________________________________________________________



Don’t look for shortcuts to God. The market is flooded with surefire, easygoing formulas for a successful life that can be practiced in your spare time. Don’t fall for that stuff, even though crowds of people do. The way to life—to God!—is vigorous and requires total attention. Matthew 7:13-14

 

Whether it be a giant CROSS or any other symbol {SIGN} that appears in the sky signaling the coming of Jesus Christ, that will be a day of great joy for those who have chosen to follow Him giving their lives to Him through the SALVATION of the CROSS.

 

In this modern world we live in everybody wants everything to be quick and easy. No one wants to do the WORK yet they expect to get the reward {PAY}. This world has come up with so many surefire ways to get what they want without putting in work it takes to do things the BEST and RIGHT WAY.

 

The one thing this world will NEVER grasp is the SIMPLE GOSPEL of SALVATION. The Cross of Jesus Christ is foolishness to this world, but it is great joy to those who put their FAITH and TRUST in Christ Jesus.

 

Did Jesus promise you a life of luxury? NO, He said just the opposite. He actually said in John 15:18-27 that this world would hate you because it hated Him and it would NOT be easy to follow Him in this world. He did promise however in His Word that your FAITH will increase as you endure all the temptations this world has to offer {James 1:2-3}.

 

For it pleased the Father for all the fullness [of deity—the sum total of His essence, all His perfection, powers, and attributes] to dwell [permanently] in Him (the Son), and through [the intervention of] the Son to reconcile all things to Himself, making peace [with believers] through the blood of His cross; through Him, [I say,] whether things on earth or things in heaven.  Colossians 1:19-20

The STRAIGHTFORWARD MESSAGE of SALVATION has always seemed FOOLISH to UNBELIEVERS. Once an UNBELIEVER experiences Christ Jesus, who is the power of God and the wisdom of God, their thoughts of foolishness are replaced with thoughts of joy unspeakable and full of glory.

Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and though you do not even see Him now, you believe and trust in Him and you greatly rejoice and delight with inexpressible and glorious joy, receiving as the result [the outcome, the consummation] of your faith, the salvation of your souls.  1 Peter 1:8-9

 For the message of the cross is foolishness [absurd and illogical] to those who are perishing and spiritually dead [because they reject it], but to us who are being saved [by God’s grace] it is [the manifestation of] the power of God. For it is written and forever remains written,
I will destroy the wisdom of the wise [the philosophy of the philosophers], And the cleverness of the clever [who do not know Me] I will nullify. Where is the wise man (philosopher)? Where is the scribe (scholar)? Where is the debater (logician, orator) of this age? Has God not exposed the foolishness of this world’s wisdom? For since the world through all its [earthly] wisdom failed to recognize God, God in His wisdom was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached [regarding salvation] to save those who believe [in Christ and welcome Him as Savior]. For Jews demand signs (attesting miracles), and Greeks pursue [worldly] wisdom and philosophy,but we preach Christ crucified, [a message which is] to Jews a stumbling block [that provokes their opposition], and to Gentiles foolishness [just utter nonsense],but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks (Gentiles), Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God. [This is] because the foolishness of God [is not foolishness at all and] is wiser than men [far beyond human comprehension], and the weakness of God is stronger than men [far beyond the limits of human effort].Just look at your own calling, believers; not many [of you were considered] wise according to human standards, not many powerful or influential, not many of high and noble birth.But God has selected [for His purpose] the foolish things of the world to shame the wise [revealing their ignorance], and God has selected [for His purpose] the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong [revealing their frailty]. God has selected [for His purpose] the insignificant (base) things of the world, and the things that are despised and treated with contempt, [even] the things that are nothing, so that He might reduce to nothing the things that are, so that no one may [be able to] boast in the presence of God. But it is from Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God [revealing His plan of salvation], and righteousness [making us acceptable to God], and sanctification [making us holy and setting us apart for God], and redemption [providing our ransom from the penalty for sin],so then, as it is written [in Scripture], “He who boasts and glories, let him boast and glory in the Lord.”1 Corinthians 1:18-31

 This precious value, then, is for you who believe [in Him as God’s only Son—the Source of salvation]; but for those who disbelieve,The [very] stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief Cornerstone,” and, “A stone of stumbling and a rock of offense”; for they stumble because they disobey the word [of God], and to this they [who reject Him as Savior] were also appointed. 1 Peter 2:7-8

This world HATED Jesus Christ because His very name brought the sins of their hearts to mind at the very mention of His name. Do you think as a Follower of Jesus Christ you will be loved by this world? The answer my friend is a resounding NO. It is foolishness to think that the servant {follower} would be greater than the master {Jesus Christ}. In this world we must live our lives through the POWER of the Name of Jesus Christ because of the SALVATION of the CROSS. Let us therefore come out from among this world with all its sin and denial and proclaim the FREEDOM that comes through the Cross Jesus Christ bore for each of us.

“So come out from among unbelievers and be separate,” says the Lord,
And do not touch what is unclean;
And I will graciously receive you and welcome you [with favor],
And I will be a Father to you,
And you will be My sons and daughters,”
Says the Lord Almighty. 2 Corinthians 6:17-18

“If the world hates you [and it does], know that it has hated Me before it hated you. If you belonged to the world, the world would love [you as] its own and would treat you with affection. But you are not of the world [you no longer belong to it], but I have chosen you out of the world. And because of this the world hates you.Remember [and continue to remember] that I told you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also.But they will do all these [hurtful] things to you for My name’s sake [because you bear My name and are identified with Me], for they do not know the One who sent Me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have [the guilt of their] sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. The one who hates Me also hates My Father. If I had not done among them the works (attesting miracles) which no one else [ever] did, they would not have [the guilt of their] sin; but now [the fact is that] they have both seen [these works] and have hated Me [and continue to hate Me] and My Father as well. But [this is so] that the word which has been written in their Law would be fulfilled, ‘They hated Me without a cause.’ “But when the Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby) comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of Truth who comes from the Father, He will testify and bear witness about Me. But you will testify also and be My witnesses, because you have been with Me from the beginning. John 15:18-27

Consider it nothing but joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you fall into various trials. Be assured that the testing of your faith [through experience] produces endurance [leading to spiritual maturity, and inner peace]. James 1:2-3

It was through the sacrifice Jesus Christ made for you and me on the cross that we can be cleansed from ALL our unrighteousness and be called the sons and daughters of the Most High God. Remember God loved you and I before we ever loved Him and He gave His Son Jesus to be sacrificed so that we might live an abundant and joyful life through that sacrifice on the cross.

This world will never understand how easy it is to turn away from it and give yourself fully to the One who gave His life for you even though you have never physically met Him. Oh what joy it is to TRUST in Christ Jesus to give us strength from day to day while living in this world that hates and despises us just for loving our Creator and His Son Christ Jesus. But God has selected [for His purpose] the foolish things of the world to shame the wise [revealing their ignorance], and God has selected [for His purpose] the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong [revealing their frailty]. 1 Corinthians 1:27


May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing [through the experience of your faith] that by the power of the Holy Spirit you will abound in hope and overflow with confidence in His promises. Romans 15:13

No matter how difficult it may seem to Follow Jesus, let us remember that our joy and strength come from fully trusting in HIM.

Heavenly Father, Let the Psalm of David, Psalm 27 become a daily prayer of praise to You for the salvation You gave us through the sacrifice of Your son Christ Jesus. Amen…

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
Whom shall I fear?

The Lord is the refuge and fortress of my life—
Whom shall I dread?

When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh,
My adversaries and my enemies, they stumbled and fell.

Though an army encamp against me,
My heart will not fear;
Though war arise against me,
Even in this I am confident.
 
One thing I have asked of the Lord, and that I will seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord [in His presence] all the days of my life,
To gaze upon the beauty [the delightful loveliness and majestic grandeur] of the Lord
And to meditate in His temple.
 
For in the day of trouble He will hide me in His shelter;
In the secret place of His tent He will hide me;
He will lift me up on a rock.
 
And now my head will be lifted up above my enemies around me,
In His tent I will offer sacrifices with shouts of joy;
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.
 
Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud;
Be gracious and compassionate to me and answer me.
 
When You said, “Seek My face [in prayer, require My presence as your greatest need],” my heart said to You, “Your face, O Lord, I will seek [on the authority of Your word].”
 
Do not hide Your face from me,
Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
You have been my help;
Do not abandon me nor leave me,
O God of my salvation!
 
Although my father and my mother have abandoned me,
Yet the Lord will take me up [adopt me as His child].
 
Teach me Your way, O Lord,
And lead me on a level path
Because of my enemies [who lie in wait].

Do not give me up to the will of my adversaries,
For false witnesses have come against me;
They breathe out violence.
 
I would have despaired had I not believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.
 
Wait for and confidently expect the Lord;
Be strong and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for and confidently expect the Lord. Psalm 27

May we never lose sight of the POWER of the CROSS that opened the way for us to get to our Heavenly Father through Christ Jesus sacrifice…

Forever in the service of Christ Jesus,


Order prints and original drawing by David Hayward, here 


No comments:

Post a Comment