Saturday, January 5, 2019

🏳️‍🌈✝️🔻 When you became a Christian, I put the Holy Spirit in you, thus equipping you to be holy




01/05/2019


_________________________________________________________________________ 


BELOVED, BE CAREFUL NOT TO CONFUSE BEING HOLY with trying to appear holy.  The Pharisees fell into that trap, parading their pretension of holiness on street corners, at banquets, in the temple - wherever they found an audience.  I reserved some of My strongest condemnation for them and their hypocrisy.

 When you became a Christian, I put the Holy Spirit in you, thus equipping you to be holy.  However, you are still vulnerable to the world, the flesh (sinful nature), and the devil.  These three conspire against holiness, tempting you to respond to people and situations in your old, habitual ways.  My Spirit will not force His ways on you, so it's easy for you to ignore His inner Presence.  That's why I encourage you to pause before responding - inviting the Spirit to live and love through you.





Remember that I am Christ in you, the hope of Glory.  The more you know Me and love Me, the easier it is for you to let Me live through you.  Without your even realizing it, intimacy with Me transforms you into My likeness - My holy image.





"You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you.  And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ."  Romans 8:9
 

No comments:

Post a Comment