Wednesday, July 18, 2018

🏳️‍🌈✝️πŸ”» Learning to LIVE IN UNITY with ALL of GOD'S CHILDREN {including LGBTQI+ Children of God}




07/18/2018


__________________________________________________________________________________ 



As believers in Christ Jesus it is our duty to be in one accord with other believer’s. God does not like division amongst His children. Peter encourages believers to stand in unity and not be ugly towards one another in 1 Peter 3.


Finally, all of you be like-minded [united in spirit], sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted [courteous and compassionate toward each other as members of one household], and humble in spirit; and never return evil for evil or insult for insult [avoid scolding, berating, and any kind of abuse], but on the contrary, give a blessing [pray for one another’s well-being, contentment, and protection]; for you have been called for this very purpose, that you might inherit a blessing [from God that brings well-being, happiness, and protection]. 1 Peter 3:8-9



But I urge you, believers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you be in full agreement in what you say, and that there be no divisions or factions among you, but that you be perfectly united in your way of thinking and in your judgment [about matters of the faith]. 1 Corinthians 1:10

In John 13 we learn a NEW COMMANDMENT from Christ Jesus concerning how believers should act:

 I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, so you too are to love one another.By this everyone will know that you are My disciples, if you have love and unselfish concern for one another.”John 13:34-35

The only reason someone anyone should be alone is when you are having your daily communion with God. 


“Also, when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites; for they love to pray [publicly] standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets so that they may be seen by men. I assure you and most solemnly say to you, they [already] have their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your most private room, close the door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees [what is done] in secret will reward you. And when you pray, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they think they will be heard because of their many words." Matthew 6:5-7


It is God’s desire that His children learn to be united. To learn more about UNITY click on this link, Bible References on Unity.


There is POWER in the UNITY of GOD’S CHILDREN. Look at what Jesus said about believer’s UNITING together in agreement found in Matthew 18:

“Again I say to you, that if two believers on earth agree [that is, are of one mind, in harmony] about anything that they ask [within the will of God], it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in My name [meeting together as My followers], I am there among them.” Matthew 18:19-20

It should NOT matter what LABEL you have been branded with by society. The ONLY thing that matters is that you have a RELATIONSHIP, not just knowledge, with Christ Jesus. Once you get past all the LABEL’S and SEE JESUS in another person you will honestly be able to STAND UNITED with your brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus.

Russ Taff wrote this song that touched my heart in so many different ways when I was growing up. I could not understand why the “Body of Christ” was so divided and why they treated people so mean. I heard this song, We Will Stand, and it gave me hope. I pray that it will give you a new hope that it is possible for ALL of God’s Children, including LGBTQI+ to STAND TOGETHER AS ONE BODY.

Have a blessed day,




We Will Stand




Sometimes it's hard for me to understand
Why we pull away from each other so easily
Even though we're all walking the same road
Yet we build dividing walls between our brothers and ourselves

But I, I don't care what label you may wear
If you believe in Jesus you belong with me
The bond we share is all I care to see
And we can change this world forever
If you will join with me, join and sing

Oh you're my brother, you're my sister
So take me by the hand
Together we will work until He comes
There's no foe that can defeat us
When we're walking side by side
As long as there is love we will stand

The day will come when we will be as one
And with a mighty voice together
We will proclaim that Jesus, Jesus is King
And it will echo through the earth
It will shake the nations and the world will see, see that

You're my brother, you're my sister
So take me by the hand
Together we will work until He comes
There's no foe that can defeat us
When we're walking side by side
As long as there is love we will stand

The time is here, the time is now
To take a stand, to make a vow
I won't let go, you're not alone
Now and forever we'll sing together

You're my brother, you're my sister
So take me by the hand
Together we will work until He comes
There's no foe that can defeat us
When we're walking side by side
As long as there is love we will stand

You're my brother, you're my sister
So take me by the hand
Together we will work until He comes
There's no foe that can defeat us
When we're walking side by side
As long as there is love we will stand

We will stand
We will, we will stand
We will stand

Songwriters: James Hollihan / Russ Taff / Victoria Taff
We Will Stand lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc
 


No comments:

Post a Comment