Sunday, November 26, 2017

🏳️‍🌈✝️ In Times of Ruin




Written By Brigitte Straub

November 26, 2017 


__________________________________________________________________________________ 
  

“But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.” Micah 7:7 

When my daughter was about five years old, she had a really bad fall after climbing on our kitchen countertop. After not responding, I called 911 and she was rushed immediately to the hospital. For over an hour, she gave no sign of waking up.

My daughter eventually gained consciousness. God answers our prayers sooner or later, but He always answers. He hears our heart's cry and the prayers we utter, whether or not we are attuned to His voice or even understand what He is doing.

Expressing faith in God during grievous times, and being confident that He will come through, is also what Micah did when he uttered the words above. He resolved to look to God alone during the deep suffering Israel was experiencing at the time.

Our faith is most tested during the moments in our lives when human help fails and when those around us don’t have an answer for the difficult situation or circumstance we might be facing. Trusting in God and watching in hope, knowing He has heard us and received our prayer, demonstrates a heart fully surrendered to Him. Waiting on God and resting in Him, recognizing His ways are perfect, demonstrates pure confidence in Him alone.

We all have areas in our lives that we haven’t fully given over to God. We can be assured that the same God Micah gave His complete devotion to during times of ruin is the same God who sent Jesus to save us. And He is the same God we can turn to and lean on in any situation.

Heavenly Father, thank you that you hear my prayers and that I can depend on you in everything I’m going through. I place my confidence and trust in you alone. Help my faith to continue to grow in You. Amen.

Go Deeper — Do you know someone who is struggling to see God within his or her difficult situation? Find that person this week, and remind them that God is faithful and that they can place their hope in Him and fully expect God to give them what they need during their struggle.

 Read more articles from The Life, here.




No comments:

Post a Comment