Saturday, April 20, 2019

🏳️‍🌈✝️πŸ”» The Explosive Power of Jesus’ Spoken Word




The Garden of Gethsemane – Explosive Power




04/20/2019


_____________________________________________________________________________ 


Just  as the Roman soldiers and temple police were preparing to arrest Jesus for His trial and crucifixion, a supernatural power was suddenly released that was so strong, it literally thrust an entire band of approximately 600 soldiers backward and down onto the ground! It was as if a bomb had been exploded. So much POWER was released that the force of that power knocked the soldiers flat on their backs. Where did this discharge of power come from, and what released it?


Yeshua, who knew everything that was going to happen to him, went out and asked them, “Whom do you want? “Yeshua from Natzeret,” they answered. He said to them, “I AM.” Also standing with them was Y’hudah, the one who was betraying him. When he said, “I AM,” they went backward from him and fell to the ground. John 18:4-6 {CJB}

Jesus {Yeshua} identified himself as “I AM”. These POWERFUL words come from the Greek words ego eimi, literally meaning “I AM” and not the “I am he” mistranslated in the King James Version of the Bible along with many other versions. This was not the first time Yeshua used this phrase to identify Himself. He also used it in John 8:58 and John 13:19.

John 8:58 {CJB} - Yeshua said to them, “Yes, indeed! Before Avraham came into being, I AM!”

John 13:19 {CJB} - I’m telling you now, before it happens; so that when it does happen, you may believe that I AM [who I say I am].

When the people of that day heard the words ego eime, they immediately recognized them as the words used by God to identify Himself when He spoke to Moses on Mount Horeb in Exodus 3:14.

God said to Moshe, “Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh [I am/will be what I am/will be],” and added, “Here is what to say to the people of Isra’el: ‘Ehyeh [I Am or I Will Be] has sent me to you.’” Exodus 3:14 {CJB}

The words “went backward” used in verse 6 come from the Greed word aperchomai. These words depict the soldiers and temple police staggering and stumbling backward; it was if they had all been struck by a powerful force of energy. The word “fell” is the Greek word pipto, which means to fall. Pipto was often used to describe a person who fell so hard, it appeared as if he had fallen dead or fell like a corpse. The words “to the ground” are taken from the Greek word chamai, which depicts these men all falling abruptly and hitting the ground hard…

Imagine now if you will close to 600 Roman Soldiers and a number of temple police coming to arrest Yeshua, laden with weapons {swords and clubs} to help them capture Him. When Yeshua spoke the words, “I AM” a great explosion of God’s Power was unleashed that was so strong it literally thrust the troops and police backward, causing them to stagger, wobble and stumble as they hit the ground hard.

Think about the SHOCK it must have been for those Mighty Military Men!!!

They discovered in that hour that the mere WORDS of Jesus were enough to overwhelm and overpower them!!!

That hour they realized all the stories they had heard about Jesus’ POWER were true and He really was strong enough to overcome an entire army. He was after all the GREAT “I AM”.
After Yeshua proved He could not be taken by force, He willfully surrendered to them, because He knew it was all part of the Father’s plan for the redemption of mankind. Let me stress here that NO ONE TOOK HIM. Yeshua made a voluntary choice to go with the troops. He went willingly with you and me in mind.

You see my friends there is NO FORCE strong enough to resist His POWER… No SICKNESS, FINANCIAL TURMOIL, RELATIONAL PROBLEM, POLITICAL FORCE – ABSOLUTELY NOTHING has enough power to resist the SUPERNATURAL POWER of Jesus Christ. When “I AM” speaks EVERY power that attempts to defy Him or His Word is pushed backward, shaken until it staggers, stumbles and falls to the ground. 

I encourage you to take hold of this word today. Let the POWER of “I AM” fill your heart and mind, let your lips utter praise to “I AM”, release the POWER of “I AM” in your daily walk so others might see and want what you have living inside you.

And if the Spirit of the One who raised Yeshua from the dead is living in you, then the One who raised the Messiah Yeshua from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit living in you. Romans 8:11 {CJB}

Forever in the service of Yeshua {Christ Jesus},

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment