Monday, December 24, 2018

🏳️‍🌈✝️πŸ”» WHEN ANXIETY STRIKES – STRIKE BACK WITH THE WORD OF GOD…



For the word of God is living and active and full of power [making it operative, energizing, and effective]. It is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating as far as the division of the soul and spirit [the completeness of a person], and of joints and marrow [the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and judging the very thoughts and intentions of the heart.  Hebrews 4:12


12/24/2018


_______________________________________________________________________________ 



What an amazing God we serve, that He should give us a book of Christian History that is so powerful that we, as His followers may use it conquer all the attacks of Satan. Today I share with you 10 powerful Scripture’s to pray when anxiety seems to be closing in with no way out in sight.  I offer these Scriptures to you in no particular order of importance, for they are all very import in our lives. Following each Scripture you will find a short prayer using that verse to help you learn how to pray the Word of God over your anxiety and anything else the Devil throws your way.

1. And the peace of God [that peace which reassures the heart, that peace] which transcends all understanding, [that peace which] stands guard over your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus [is yours]. Philippians 4:7

Heavenly Father, I acknowledge my need for you today. I pray that you would breathe that peace I just read in Your Word deep into my soul through Your Holy Spirit. Heavenly Father I ask You to guard my heart and protect my mind with Your Holy Armor found in Ephesians 6:10-18. I acknowledge that I am weak on my own, therefore I rely on your strength to help me through this day. Father, be near to me, guide and equip me as I go forward. In Christ Jesus Name I ask these things, Amen.

2. When I am afraid, I will put my trust and faith in You. Psalm 56:3

Heavenly Father, I put my trust in You today. Anxious thoughts are tugging at my mind and it’s easy to take my eyes off of you when I feel afraid. I ask that you pour out your love on me, that I might remember who you are always good and always faithful, even when I am afraid. Lord teach me to put ALL my trust, ALL my hope and ALL my faith in you alone. In Christ Jesus Name I pray, Amen.


3. ‘Do not fear [anything], for I am with you; Do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, be assured I will help you; I will certainly take hold of you with My righteous right hand [a hand of justice, of power, of victory, of salvation].’ Isaiah 41:10

Heavenly Father, I want to thank You for giving us Your Son Christ Jesus to be with us as we encounter new journeys each day. His very name, Immanuel, means God with us… I am so thankful You and Your Son are with me no matter what anxious thoughts might try to creep into my mind. Thank you, Lord for being my strength when I feel my weakest. Thank you for holding me up and never letting me fall too hard. You are faithful and my love grows so much stronger every day for you my Lord. Lord you are faithful to us forever. I love you so much Lord, and I am learning to rely on you more each new day. In Christ Jesus name, Amen

4. For God did not give us a spirit of timidity or cowardice or fear, but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of sound judgment and personal discipline [abilities that result in a calm, well-balanced mind and self-control]. 2 Timothy 1:7

Heavenly Father, I thank you for the TRUTH that comes from reading your word. Thank you for the gifts you bestow on us – gifts that help ease our anxious spirits and reminds us of who we are in Christ Jesus. Thank you for the power to fight the lies. Thank you for loving us even in our brokenness. Thank you for clearing my mind and whispering your words over me. In Christ Jesus, Amen

5. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified or dismayed (intimidated), for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.  Joshua 1:9

Lord Jesus, thank you for making us more than conquerors through you. Sometimes it can feel so hard to believe that. Too many times we don’t feel strong or courageous; therefore we worry relentlessly about our lives and circumstances. Please remind us today and every day that we can be strong and brave in You. Fill us with Your Holy Spirit so we will not feel so alone. We surrender our hearts to you today and ask you to be our strength. We ask these things in your name, Jesus Amen.

6. The Lord is near to the heartbroken and He saves those who are crushed in spirit (contrite in heart, truly sorry for their sin).  Psalm 34:18

Heavenly Father I come to you today with a heart that feels broken, a restless mind and my spirit is uneasy. Lord I am running to you because Your Word says in Deuteronomy 33:27;

“The eternal God is your refuge and dwelling place,
And underneath are the everlasting arms;
He drove out the enemy from before you,
And said, ‘Destroy!’”
 

 
I believe Your Word gives us encouragement and hope when we know in our hearts that You will comfort us in Your loving arms. Lord continue working on me so I may come to trust You fully so all this anxiety will have to cease. In Christ Jesus, Amen.

7. Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs it down, but a good (encouraging) word makes it glad.  Proverbs 12:25

Heavenly Father, my anxious heart is weighing me down today. I confess that I have become consumed by my own thoughts and I have lost sight once again of who you are. Speak to my heart, Lord and remind me of what is true. Thank you for your forgiveness and your endless grace for me. In Christ Jesus name I pray, Amen.

8. Let the peace of Christ [the inner calm of one who walks daily with Him] be the controlling factor in your hearts [deciding and settling questions that arise]. To this peace indeed you were called as members in one body [of believers]. And be thankful [to God always]. Colossians 3:15

Dear Lord, it is my deepest desire to have Your peace rule in my heart. When I feel uneasy or unsettled, I want to know you are near me. I surrender my heart to you today. I pray you would calm my fears, settle my spirit, and bring rest to my heart. In Christ Jesus name, Amen.

9. The Lord will give [unyielding and impenetrable] strength to His people; The Lord will bless His people with peace. Psalm 29:11

Lord, thank you for giving me strength when I am weak. On the hard days, help me to remember you are never far away. Your strength is always fighting for me – I need only to be still in Your presence. Thank you for bringing peace to me when I am feeling anxious. I want to thank You for all the blessings you bring my way. In Christ Jesus name, Amen.

10. The Lord is my Shepherd [to feed, to guide and to shield me], I shall not want. He lets me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still and quiet waters. He refreshes and restores my soul (life); He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Even though I walk through the [sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort and console me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You have anointed and refreshed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, And I shall dwell forever [throughout all my days] in the house and in the presence of the Lord. Psalm 23

Heavenly Father, I ask that you put this beautiful Word from You into my heart. Lord remind me daily that you are my Shepherd and You are here to guide me to a still place to calm my anxiety. Thank you Lord for being my protector. I know through You alone I will find peace of mind. In Christ Jesus name, Amen

     ___________________________________________

Remember my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus, Satan walks around with his chest all puffed roaring like a lion, however he has NO AUTHORITY over you unless given by God. Therefore let each of us fill our hearts with God’s Word so we can fight off anything Satan throws our way. No matter how severe the anxiety may get just remember to keep praising God while letting Him know how you are feeling so He can work on your behalf.

Do not be anxious or worried about anything, but in everything [every circumstance and situation] by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, continue to make your [specific] requests known to God. Philippians 4:6

Be sober [well balanced and self-disciplined], be alert and cautious at all times. That enemy of yours, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion [fiercely hungry], seeking someone to devour. But resist him, be firm in your faith [against his attack—rooted, established, immovable], knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being experienced by your brothers and sisters throughout the world. [You do not suffer alone.] After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace [who imparts His blessing and favor], who called you to His own eternal glory in Christ, will Himself complete, confirm, strengthen, and establish you [making you what you ought to be]. 1 Peter 5:8-10

In James 4:7-10 we learn that we must submit ourselves to God, RESIST the devil and watch him run, and humble ourselves before God so He can lift us up.

O taste and see that the Lord [our God] is good; how blessed [fortunate, prosperous, and favored by God] is the person who takes refuge in Him. Psalm 34:8

In closing I want to share this beautiful song by Twila Paris entitled Warrior Is A Child.


 

May the Peace of God reign supreme in your life today and everyday forward.

In Christ Jesus,


No comments:

Post a Comment