Friday, May 3, 2019

🏳️‍🌈✝️🔻 Jesus Christ – A Present Help in Times of Need



God is our refuge and strength [mighty and impenetrable],
a very present and well-proved help in trouble. Psalm 46:1


05/03/2019


_______________________________________________________________________________ 



Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble in dread before them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not fail you or abandon you. Deuteronomy 31:6

Let your character [your moral essence, your inner nature] be free from the love of money [shun greed—be financially ethical], being content with what you have; for He has said, “I will never [under any circumstances] desert you [nor give you up nor leave you without support, nor will I in any degree leave you helpless], nor will I forsake or let you down or relax My hold on you [assuredly not]!” Hebrews 13:5

We are encouraged in 2 Timothy 2:15 to – “Study and do your best to present yourself to God approved, a workman [tested by trial] who has no reason to be ashamed, accurately handling and skillfully teaching the word of truth.”

It is through the study of God’s Word that we learn that our Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are always PRESENT in our lives to give us shelter from the storms and strength to fight our many battles along our journey in this life.

Hard Times May Come, But Christ Jesus is There With Us through Them All

Though we aren’t promised an easy life, we are told that Christ will be there with us when we believe in Him, that He won’t give us more than we can handle with His help, and even our hard times can be used to glorify God.

2 Corinthians 12:9 but He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you [My lovingkindness and My mercy are more than enough—always available—regardless of the situation]; for [My] power is being perfected [and is completed and shows itself most effectively] in [your] weakness.” Therefore, I will all the more gladly boast in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ [may completely enfold me and] may dwell in me.

Philippians 4: 12-13 I know how to get along and live humbly [in difficult times], and I also know how to enjoy abundance and live in prosperity. In any and every circumstance I have learned the secret [of facing life], whether well-fed or going hungry, whether having an abundance or being in need. I can do all things [which He has called me to do] through Him who strengthens and empowers me [to fulfill His purpose—I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency; I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses me with inner strength and confident peace.]

2 Thessalonians 3:3 But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen you [setting you on a firm foundation] and will protect and guard you from the evil one.

Isaiah 40:29 He gives strength to the weary, and to him who has no might He increases power.

1 Peter 5: 10 After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace [who imparts His blessing and favor], who called you to His own eternal glory in Christ, will Himself complete, confirm, strengthen, and establish you [making you what you ought to be].

Hebrews 4:16 Therefore let us [with privilege] approach the throne of grace [that is, the throne of God’s gracious favor] with confidence and without fear, so that we may receive mercy [for our failures] and find [His amazing] grace to help in time of need [an appropriate blessing, coming just at the right moment].

Deuteronomy 31:6, 8 Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble in dread before them,
for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not fail you or abandon you. It is the Lord who goes before you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or abandon you. Do not fear or be dismayed.

2 Thessalonians 3:16 Now may the Lord of peace Himself grant you His peace at all times and in every way [that peace and spiritual well-being that comes to those who walk with Him, regardless of life’s circumstances]. The Lord be with you all.

God Gives Us a Spirit of Strength and Power

Through faith in Christ we are given a spirit of power, love and discipline, and for that reason we have nothing to fear.  We can hold onto his promises and be confident that he’ll see us through even the darkest of days.

What exactly does it mean to have faith you might ask? Well, my friend that too can be found if you study to Word of God. In Hebrews 11 we learn about what faith is and the triumphs of faith.

Now faith is the assurance (title deed, confirmation) of things hoped for (divinely guaranteed), and the evidence of things not seen [the conviction of their reality—faith comprehends as fact what cannot be experienced by the physical senses]. For by this [kind of] faith the men of old gained [divine] approval. By faith [that is, with an inherent trust and enduring confidence in the power, wisdom and goodness of God] we understand that the worlds (universe, ages) were framed and created [formed, put in order, and equipped for their intended purpose] by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible. By faith Abel offered to God a more acceptable sacrifice than Cain, through which it was testified of him that he was righteous (upright, in right standing with God), and God testified by accepting his gifts. And though he died, yet through [this act of] faith he still speaks. By faith [that pleased God] Enoch was caught up and taken to heaven so that he would not have a glimpse of death; and he was not found because God had taken him; for even before he was taken [to heaven], he received the testimony [still on record] that he had walked with God and pleased Him. But without faith it is impossible to [walk with God and] please Him, for whoever comes [near] to God must [necessarily] believe that God exists and that He rewards those who [earnestly and diligently] seek Him.  Hebrews 11:1-6

Now that we see faith is the confirmation of things divinely guaranteed by our Heavenly Father that we have not yet seen but know will come to pass because God always keeps His Word {Isaiah 55:11}; let us continue reading the Word to encourage our spirit to be strengthened and empowered through the Holy Spirit.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God did not give us a spirit of timidity or cowardice or fear, but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of sound judgment and personal discipline [abilities that result in a calm, well-balanced
 mind and self-control].

Psalm 138:3 On the day I called, You answered me; and You made me bold and confident with [renewed] strength in my life.

Psalm 16:8 I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

Psalm 62:1-2  For God alone my soul waits in silence; From Him comes my salvation. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my defense and my strong tower; I will not be shaken or disheartened.

Psalm 112: 1, 7-8 Praise the Lord! (Hallelujah!) Blessed [fortunate, prosperous, and favored by God] is the man who fears the Lord [with awe-inspired reverence and worships Him with obedience], who delights greatly in His commandments. He will not fear bad news; His heart is steadfast, trusting [confidently relying on and believing] in the Lord. His heart is upheld, he will not fear while he looks [with satisfaction] on his adversaries.

Psalm 91:1-2 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will remain secure and rest in the shadow of the Almighty [whose power no enemy can withstand]. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust [with great confidence, and on whom I rely]!”

As the verses above illustrate, we’re told to call on Jesus Christ, and that He will hear us and give us strength, hope and a grace sufficient to carry us through.  He will be our ever present help when we’re in need, and He can give us a peace that passes all understanding. 
Be encouraged today my friends, no matter what you are going through, know that Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior has experience ALL the hurt and pain we will ever go through when He bled and died on the Cross. It is through His glorious resurrection that we have hope for a bright future. 

I encourage you today to repent of your sins {Acts 3:19} and experience the Very HELP in your time of need {JESUS CHRIST}.

Forever in Christ Jesus service,


Scriptures for further study

Exodus 15:1-20 – The Song of Moses and Israel after God delivered them from the army of Pharaoh through the Red Sea

The eternal God is your refuge and dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms… Deuteronomy 33:27

This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall read [and meditate on] it day and night, so that you may be careful to do [everything] in accordance with all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will be successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified or dismayed (intimidated), for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:8-9

The Lord also will be a refuge and a stronghold for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble; And those who know Your name [who have experienced Your precious mercy] will put their confident trust in You, For You, O Lord, have not abandoned those who seek You. Psalm 9:9-10

The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The Lord is the refuge and fortress of my life—whom shall I dread? Psalm 27:1

I sought the Lord [on the authority of His word], and He answered me, and delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4

When the righteous cry [for help], the Lord hears and rescues them from all their distress and troubles. Psalm 34:17

God is our refuge and strength [mighty and impenetrable], a very present and well-proved help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

“Be still and know (recognize, understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10

Cast your burden on the Lord [release it] and He will sustain and uphold you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken (slip, fall, fail). Psalm 55:22

For the Lord will not abandon His people; nor will He abandon His inheritance. Psalm 94:14

The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous runs to it and is safe and set on high [far above evil]. Proverbs 18:10
 
For the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel has said this, “In returning [to Me] and rest you shall be saved, In quietness and confident trust is your strength.” Isaiah 30:15

Do not fear [anything], for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, be assured I will help you; I will certainly take hold of you with My righteous right hand [a hand of justice, of power, of victory, of salvation]. Isaiah 41:10

But the Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will help you remember everything that I have told you. Peace I leave with you; My [perfect] peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be afraid. [Let My perfect peace calm you in every circumstance and give you courage and strength for every challenge.] John 14:26-27

“I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace. In the world you have tribulation and distress and suffering, but be courageous [be confident, be undaunted, be filled with joy]; I have overcome the world.” [My conquest is accomplished, My victory abiding.] John 16:33

Who shall ever separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? Just as it is written and forever remains written, “For Your sake we are put to death all day long;  We are regarded as sheep for the slaughter.” Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors and gain an overwhelming victory through Him who loved us [so much that He died for us]. For I am convinced [and continue to be convinced—beyond any doubt] that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present and threatening, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the [unlimited] love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:35-39

No temptation [regardless of its source] has overtaken or enticed you that is not common to human experience [nor is any temptation unusual or beyond human resistance]; but God is faithful [to His word—He is compassionate and trustworthy], and He will not let you be tempted beyond your ability [to resist], but along with the temptation He [has in the past and is now and] will [always] provide the way out as well, so that you will be able to endure it [without yielding, and will overcome temptation with joy]. 

Do not be anxious or worried about anything, but in everything [every circumstance and situation] by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, continue to make your [specific] requests known to God. Philippians 4:6

Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God [set aside self-righteous pride], so that He may exalt you [to a place of honor in His service] at the appropriate time, casting all your cares [all your anxieties, all your worries, and all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares about you [with deepest affection, and watches over you very carefully]. 1 Peter 5:6-7

Don’t be naive. There are difficult times ahead. As the end approaches, people are going to be self-absorbed, money-hungry, self-promoting, stuck-up, profane, contemptuous of parents, crude, coarse, dog-eat-dog, unbending, slanderers, impulsively wild, savage, cynical, treacherous, ruthless, bloated windbags, addicted to lust, and allergic to God. They’ll make a show of religion, but behind the scenes they’re animals. Stay clear of these people. These are the kind of people who smooth-talk themselves into the homes of unstable and needy women and take advantage of them; women who, depressed by their sinfulness, take up with every new religious fad that calls itself “truth.” They get exploited every time and never really learn. These men are like those old Egyptian frauds Jannes and Jambres, who challenged Moses. They were rejects from the faith, twisted in their thinking, defying truth itself. But nothing will come of these latest impostors. Everyone will see through them, just as people saw through that Egyptian hoax. 2 Timothy 3:1-9 MSG


Be wary of false preachers who smile a lot, dripping with practiced sincerity. Chances are they are out to rip you off some way or other. Don’t be impressed with charisma; look for character. Who preachers are is the main thing, not what they say. A genuine leader will never exploit your emotions or your pocketbook. These diseased trees with their bad apples are going to be chopped down and burned. Matthew 7:15-20 MSG

         

No comments:

Post a Comment