Sunday, June 17, 2018

🏳️‍🌈✝️ Too Important to forget


Written By Becky Toews

06/17/2018 


__________________________________________________________________________ 


They did not remember [the miracles worked by] His [powerful] hand,
Nor the day when He redeemed them from the enemy Psalm 78:42

What did the Hebrews not remember? The miraculous signs which made their exodus from Egypt possible. The parting of the Red Sea. The sun standing still as walls fell. The defeat of enemy after enemy as they possessed the land He promised. A small boy’s pebble knocking down a giant. How could they ever forget the power of God? But the psalmist says they did.


I don’t think their forgetfulness was an Israel-problem. I think it was a human-problem. Scripture is replete with admonishments to remember what God has done. If we forget His power, our prayers become little more than lip service, “having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power” (2 Timothy 3:5).

Remembering the power of God replenishes our faith. I was recently praying for someone whose situation seemed pretty desperate. But as I began to reflect on the power of God and pray accordingly, I experienced a great release of faith. When I remembered the power of God, I no longer felt hopeless. I started praying boldly for a miracle with a confidence I didn’t have before.

Please don’t misunderstand. I’m not suggesting that every time we remember the power of God we will experience a miracle. But I am saying that if we don’t remember, we might waver in our faith, as well as miss opportunities to honor Him and to impact the world for His glory.

Let’s not be like the Hebrews. Let’s remember the power of God. Recall it. Rehearse it. Tell others about it. It’s too important to forget
Father, help us remember the great and wondrous things you have done in our lives and in the world around us. May our faith be reignited, and may your power be released. Amen.

Go Deeper — Make a list of some of the ways God has worked in your life. As you go over your list, give Him praise and glory, and then let your faith be strengthened.

More from The Life, here




No comments:

Post a Comment